- This event has passed.
SBOT Advanced Trial Strategies – February 14-15
November 8 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST
TEX-ABOTA is co-sponsoring the Advanced Trial Strategies program by the State Bar of Texas.
The TEX-ABOTA board meeting will be on Saturday, February 16 at 9:30a.m. at the hotel.
|Advanced Trial Strategies 2019 (live)
New Orleans – Feb 14-15, 2019
MCLE Credit: 13.25 hrs (includes 3.50 hrs ethics)
MCLE No: 174026546Where:
Omni Royal Orleans
621 St. Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
(504) 529-7089 (fax)
|Early Bird Registration: $845.00
(Regular Course Fee: $895.00)
Note: Early Bird Registration
ends Thursday, January 31, 2019
Advanced Trial Strategies in New Orleans – Register Now & Save!
8th Annual Course
Advanced Trial Strategies
Co-Sponsored by TEX-ABOTA
MCLE Credit: 13.25 hrs., including 3 ethics hrs.
- Register by January 31 and save $50! TEX-ABOTA members can save up to $75!
Or, register by phone during regular business hours (800-204-2222, ext. 1574) or by fax or regular mail (use the brochure link above to print out the registration form).
Reserve Your Hotel Room Early
Make your reservation online or call the Omni Royal Orleans at 504-529-5333 before the January 23 deadline and indicate that you will be attending this State Bar of Texas course to get the special rate of $219 per night. This room block will sell out – make your reservation today!
Designed for the experienced practitioner, this course is in-depth and highly advanced, providing unique opportunities to interact with experts on the most crucial issues you face daily. This course should not be missed by lawyers who litigate for a living.
- Initiating Litigation
- Forum Selection and Jurisdictional Challenges in Multiple Defendant Litigation Post-Daimler
- Witness Preparation
- Jury Selection
- Civility Matters
- Visual Persuasion
- Trial Technology
- Selling Your Case to the Judge
- Recent Decisions in the Law of Lawyering: Fee Issues, Disqualification, Attorney Immunity, and Malpractice
- Cross Examination
- Preservation of Error & Verdict Aftermath
- Hot Topics
- Trying Cases in a Divided Nation
- Summary Judgment & Experts
- Closing the Case
- Ethics Jeopardy
Introducing the Speakers’ Bullpen! Speakers will be available for questions during the scheduled break that follows their presentation. We will have an area outside of the main ballroom dedicated to the Speakers’ Bullpen.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!
- Join us on Thursday evening in the rolling excitement of Second Line, a unique New Orleans tradition. Follow our brass band, singing and dancing through the French Quarter! Sponsored by Craig D. Ball, P.C., Haynes and Boone, LLP, and CKR Law.
- Return to the Omni Hotel for TEX-ABOTA’s Annual Cocktail Party with live piano music!
- Chicory coffee and beignets served daily
- Cajun, Creole, and New Orleans cuisine provided at lunch both days
- Materials provided as a hard copy book and PDF download, or download only for a discount!
Register for this program and you may access the streaming videos of the speeches for up to a year and the digital course materials for several years. You’ll find them at TexasBarCLE.com within 6-8 weeks after the live program, under My Online Benefits. (You’ll need to log in as a registered user of the site to access this feature.)