We hope you plan to attend the State Bar of Texas Advanced Trial Strategies Course in New Orleans, February 15-16, 2018. (TEX-ABOTA Board Meeting on Saturday, February 17th.)
TEX-ABOTA is once again a proud co-sponsor of this event and we hope to see you in Louisiana.
Please click here to tell us what you will attend so we will have an accurate headcount for our reception and Board Meeting.
The event will be at the
Omni Royal Orleans Hotel in New Orleans
621 St. Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70140
Register to attend the CLE by February 1 and save $50! TEX-ABOTA members can save up to $75!
Call the Omni Royal Orleans at 504-529-5333 before the January 24 deadline and indicate that you will be attending this State Bar of Texas course to get the special rate of $219++ per night, single or double. (available on first come-first served basis)
If room block is sold out, please contact Kathleen Korrodi (at SBOT) at Katherine.Korrodi@TEXASBAR.COM.
>>> If you plan to attend the Saturday TEX-ABOTA Board Meeting, book your room now, as they only have a limited number of rooms Friday evening.
You must make your own CLE program and hotel reservations.
TEX-ABOTA will have our first Board Meeting of the year that Saturday, February 17th. It will be from 9:30am-11:30am. All ABOTA members are welcome to attend.
Thursday, February 15th – TEX-ABOTA will host a cocktail reception at the hotel for all attendees immediately after the rolling excitement of Second Line!
Saturday, February 17th – TEX-ABOTA Board meeting at the hotel from 9:30-11:30am
Please RSVP for the Thursday TEX-ABOTA Cocktail Party and Board Meeting here.
More Info or Register for the CLE program: Click here
About the Seminar:
Advanced Trial Strategies 2018 (live)
MCLE Credit: 13.50 hrs (includes 2.75 hrs ethics)
MCLE No: 928014051
Designed for the experienced practitioner, this course is in-depth and highly advanced, providing unique opportunities to interact with experts on the most crucial issues you face daily. This course should not be missed by lawyers who litigate for a living.
- Initiating Litigation
- Jury Selection
- Insurance Litigation Strategies
- Fees as Strategic Elements in Litigation
- The More Things Change… The Trial Lawyer’s Special Role in Defending the Rule of Law
- Strategic Use of eDiscovery
- Artificial Intelligence on Trial
- Strategic Use of Motions
- Opening and Closing Arguments
- Hot Topics… You Can’t Make This Stuff Up
- Trial Technology: Demonstrative Evidence
- Preservation of Error
- Discovery Strategies
- Knowing Your Audience – The Art of Resonating with Different Generations
- Damages: Can I Give the Plaintiff More Than He Asks For?
- Ethics Jeopardy
- Chicory coffee, beignets, and king cake served daily
- Cajun, Creole, and New Orleans cuisine provided at lunch both days
- Complimentary wireless signal in the meeting room
- Materials provided as a hard copy book and PDF download, or download only for a discount!